Saturday, December 16, 2006

Welcome to the 20th Century

As if starting a blog wasn't futuristic enough for me, I can now claim membership to another popular, technological club. That's right, I am now the proud owner of one of them mobile telephones.

I held off for as long as I could, wearing my uncontactability like a badge of honour. But it couldn't last forever. I can now be reached at any time of day or night, whether I like it or not. My brother definitely likes it though, as he no longer has to act as my personal message service. I think he'd had enough of people having to ring him when they wanted to talk to me. Jeez.

All I have to do now is get used to carrying it around with me. It's a pretty nice phone so I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to lose it, break it or get it all scratched up. That's why, thanks to a stroke of stylish genious, I am currently carrying it around in a sock. Not a sock that I'm wearing you understand, just a spare one that I can keep in my pocket. I am so cool.

I wonder what'll be next for me, maybe one of those 'full time' jobs people are going on about. Mind you, that might cut into my laying around time. I guess that will have to wait a little longer. Besides, I need all my spare time to figure out how to use that predictive text.

2 comments:

han said...

you are so cool. x

Anonymous said...

a full time job no way?!

i turned my phone on at 6am last night whilst staggering drunkenly up a hill in brighton talking about poo (yes, literally) with a pretty girl and received your message-- it helped me change the subject, so thanks!

enders.x