Saturday, December 2, 2006

In News: Nerd Sanctuary To Close.

Fellow nerds, dark days are upon us. At first I refused to believe the rumours, "it can't possibly be true" I kept telling myself, "they've got it all wrong". But true it was. Comic Showcase is to close and we sickly fanboys shall have to fend for ourselves.

I've been a fan of comics ever since I was a kid. Through good times and bad, through clone sagas, costume changes and variant chromium covers. Getting the bus into town every Saturday morning and heading for the tiny 'Demon Comics' shop in Hereford with my cousin Tony. Then lying on his living room floor all afternoon trying to draw our own comics. None of them ever got past about two pages though, because we could never be bothered to finish them.

Even if we had finished any they never would have sold, being mostly obvious rip-offs of other characters. The one that looked like Batman but with Wolverine style claws springs to mind as one that probably would have attracted a few law suits.

Anyway, time's a wastin'. I've got to start gathering up those last few kernels of comic book goodness. There's going to be a long, harsh winter ahead.

2 comments:

Mr Axl said...

It will be a sad sad day indeed...

Fats said...

i think our lowest moment was teenage mutant skin-head sheep...